Make Your Own Lotion Bars





These lotion bars are amazing! We made them and gave them away as gifts at a family reunion. It can smooth rough skin, cure eczema, smooth frizzies in African-American hair (I know from experience), moisturize cracked hands (from all that casserole pan scrubbing), and has only the scent of beeswax- a good sweet earthy smell. Here's how mine came out:







I tried pouring it into a tin and it totally worked out! The only thing is if it's in my purse and can't just be sideways on one of these 98 degree days or it will melt with in a few hours of being baked and joggled.




This is the recipe I used if you want try it out:


Comments

  1. It smells really yummy, like honey kind of- but mixed with that earthy-nutty smell from shea butter. Add coconut oil, and man is it heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you shared about the melting element. Eventhough I loved the recipe and how we sourced the ingredients, the melting factor was a little disappointing. I suppose making this in the Winter is a better idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they aren't designed to bashed around in a 108 degree bag for 9 hours straight. I mean honestly, chapstick barely survives that without leaking out of its tube!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas

Pursuits

Queen of Ethiopia Braids