Whipped Body Butter


One day as I was walking though a mall I found a booth selling 100% shea butter and essential oils. They were also selling whipped shea butter with some heavenly perfume added. The lady told me how to make it, so a few years later (today) I decided to try it. Shea butter is a nut, and has this very unique earthy smell which only mixes with specific scents (which I learned from experience!) When my grandma was in Africa she saw them scraping it out of the bowl like this:


So later I researched and found that these were the best essential oils: lavender, frankincense, geranium, rosemary, rose, vanilla, lemongrass, jasmine, and sweet orange. Nevertheless, I would suggest testing a bit before making your whole batch have a smell you just don't like. 
This is the shea butter that I buy, and I would suggest it to you because it is 100% shea butter, unprocessed and straight from Africa!


When it comes out of the bucket it will look something like this:

Whipped shea butter is really fun to make, the dishes are easy to clean with warm water, and it also has many uses.


Another benefit for using my recipe is that it makes if much smoother. Buying unrefined shea butter is best because of it's nutrients, but the graininess can be annoying. That's why I suggest doing this:


You will need:
  • 100% Unrefined Shea butter (mentioned above)
  • Essential oil (also mentioned above)
  • Double boiler or Microwave
Directions:
  1. Soften shea butter in microwave. You do not want to cook the good stuff out so only do it 10-15 seconds at a time! Another option is to let it sit on a midsummer day for a a few hours.
  2. Beat the shea butter for 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
  3. Add essential oil until you get the desired amount of scent.
  4. Enjoy this God-made ninja nut butter!

Comments

  1. Looks lovely! Any unscented? Nice job Abi! Yummy🕊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first photo! Since you did try adding essential oil...maybe you can share the ups and downs of adding scent to it. JK--shea butter has a strong scent plain! That's why the essential oil is well...essential :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha! I would say there is a definite need for something other than the "I'm a nut butter" smell that naturally abides in shea butter. I learned also that Lavender oil matches nicely up with it and can be a help when you have eczema.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas