Cheezits, But 10X Better...Is It possible?



I learned how to make cheezits when I read "Real Snacks" by Laura Ferroni. I seriously suggest it. Her whole book is recipes of junk food like donuts, oreos, chips, and so on. The twist is, she found a way to make it all healthy and taste 500% better than what you buy at the store. I've these tasty cheesy crackers multiple times, and it's not that hard. This is my recipe:

My tips for this recipe are:
  • Don't overcook them. If you take them out when they are just barely becoming browned, they will be perfect. When you take them out of the oven, they get darker on the pan, so keep that in mind. You don't want soft crackers either so don't undercook them. After a few batches you'll get the hang of it and find the right balance.
  • The thinner the dough, the better the crackers. If it's thicker, it takes longer to cook, and eventually turns browner because of how long they are in the oven.
  • I've had to add more water then this recipe says, so don't think you did something wrong if that happens.
  • ALWAYS double this recipe, and if you don't, you will regret it no matter how many people are in your household. They will most definitely become a big hit. In fact, for them to last longer than 1-3 days you'd have to freakin' triple this recipe! 



Comments

  1. I've had these at your house before....oh sooooo good! I forgot how good until I saw this post. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my pictures aren't good enough to make you crave them the second you sight them. That's what happens when you see them in real life!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas