Chose This Essential Oil if it's the Only One You Use:










Lavender oil. I read an inspiring post on http://www.mindbodygreen.com  about it. I was kind of skeptical, because people are always telling you that this and that are the best natural remedy substances ever and blah, blah, blah. Although I did take note, cause there will always be a chance test herbal healing on somebody. Within a few days, I had my chance. My mom had her foot nearer to our exercise bike then I thought. I hopped on and started biking, just to be welcomed with a yelp. Yes, I hit my poor mom's foot with the pedal. Quickly I ran to grab some lavender essential oil conveniently stored nearby. I had read that it helped with bruises and cuts, so I dumped some straight onto her skin and covered it with ice. The next day, she told me that she never got a bruise!



So here are some of the uses of lavender essential oil:
  • First, my favorite: it wards off the development of a bruise, and sometimes even stops it from coming entirely. 
  • Bites. Just drop it right on like as you would do with a bruise (like I did!).
  • Can be used as a sleep aid. I would put it on the back of my neck, because I know that it will come around to my nose, but not overwhelm me.
  • Dry, chapped, or eczema tormented skin. If you have large areas of this, you should definitely dilute it down with coconut oil- also good for eczema (I've had it myself).
  • It's calming. And from my experience, only if there isn't an excessive amount of it; and coming from a scent-sensitive family, this is important for us.
  • Quicky lip balm substitute. Works perfectly and is totally natural!
  • Motion sickness reliever. My sister actually tried this, because she is always trying to figure out a way to relieve herself from her severe nausea in the car. She kept a sprig of lavender next to her nose the whole time and said it worked! Lavender oil is an easier version of the live lavender flowers that can't be found in the winter and fall apart in your car.
I'm going to make lavender solid perfume, because that way it can be easily portable and applicable, and won't spill or melt in your purse, because it uses beeswax. That will be a whole other post!

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas