Making Salsa in Ann Arbor


Recently, I went to a class on how to make salsa. It was especially interesting because the teacher owned a Latin American restaurant! I was expecting it to be more of a gushy, blended salsa but it was entirely different; more like a pico de gallo dip. She had us hand chop everything itty-bitty pieces and mix together. Unfortunately, she left the onions at home in a hurry, so we didn't have those. These were the ingredients:

  • 2 roma tomatoes, chopped small but not tiny
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Cilantro, minced
  • Hot pepper, as much and big as you want
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh squeezed lime to taste
  • Red onion chopped small
We mixed these altogether and ate with chips. It was amazing! I would suggest draining the liquid out the bottom if you are eating in the car like I was. You can imagine what happened! In all, it made about 8 ounces and our teacher provided cute little container to carry it home in. This is what it looked like but I mashed mine up a little and for some reason my tomato was mushier than the others so it didn't look so splendid!


Comments

  1. What did you learn about pico de gallo that you didn't know before? Would she have added yellow onions to the red onions or would there just have been more in the mix. I remember this recipe being yummy but VERY garlicky! What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she would have used only red peppers. I just got that picture off of the web because it looked really close to what my salsa looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, i think i over salted and under-limed mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas

Fried Chicken+My Hilarious Mistake