Chocolate-Peppermint Cookies



Yum.
Would you believe it was a box mix? Well, not entirely! I always add a little something to make it my own. The box made it look like it came with frosting, but of course it didn't. My cousin brought some powdered sugar over and I busted out my amazing buttercream frosting to make up for it!
I actually memorized the recipe.

2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick of softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla or other flavor
A few tablespoons milk
Food coloring if needed.

Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer, then add vanilla. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you get your desired consistency. Use food coloring if you want. Spread over cake, cookies, or whatever delectable dessert is in want of frosting.

Did I mention you can use half&half too? Even better CREAM if you're getting daring with your diet! Once I used orange juice for a lemon zest cake and it was amazing too. So get flexible and don't worry if you don't have exactly what you need!

Just make sure you have powdered sugar.
Once we didn't and tried to make it in the coffee grinder. It was ok, but plenty grainy! I have to admit there is some benefits to buying factory pre-made food.

Moral of this post: never forget the personalizing part of using a box mix.
Make it your own.

Comments

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Nature is God's Canvas

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Queen of Ethiopia Braids

Pursuits