Hairstyle Information (For Safe Families)

These are the hairstyles I've done in the past. You can see more under my "hair" tab! The time each one takes varies according to hair type, and whether it's brushed, washed, and took out. I will just give the time that it took to braid only. Sometimes I have my siblings to help brush, unbraid, entertain, and occasionally twist, so don't be surprised if I'm not the only one on duty. They are very helpful and can help keep your child happy while they sit for that long time of hair doing.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that if your child comes to get their hair done, they need to come with their hair unbraided, brushed and washed. If that's overwhelming to you, I can tell you what products and combs to use, and that should help a lot.

I like to keep to the natural side and won't be suggesting to use any harsh chemicals if I can help it. When doing this for safe families, foster care or any other temporary guardianship children,  don't worry about paying me. It's my ministry; if you feel obligated, I'll take tips.


Chunky Twists: 
Takes 30-40 minutes, stays 1 week.







 Small Cornrows Straight Back: 
Takes 2-3 hours, stays up to 3 weeks. For boys or girls.








Braids with Scrunchies: 
Takes 20-30 minutes, stays 1 week. 






Braids into a Crownbraid: 
This style varies according to how small the braided sections are. It also doesn't need to be braided into a crown. Normally it takes 2-3 hours but needs some upkeep to stay 3 weeks. Upkeep: 10 minutes. Can be for boys or girls.








Tiny Twists: 
Takes 4 hours for long hair like hers. Much less if it's short. Stays 3 weeks and no longer- or it will result in dreadlocks!!!!







Cornrows Halfway: 
Takes 30 minutes, stays up to 2 weeks or more. Note: The back will get matted and tangled if it's not straightened or permed. I would suggest this style for an event. I can straighten the back. 







Side Swooped Cornrows: 
Takes around 2-3 hours, stays 2-3 weeks. I can braid cornrows back or the the side or however you want it pretty much. Especially with boys hair I would do more masculine looking styles.






Braids to the Side: 
This hairstyle is pretty much like the previous one but with bigger braids. Takes 2 hours, and stays 2 weeks.






Princess Braids:
This hairstyle is totally adorable; it takes about 2 hours and stays 2 weeks without upkeep.






Here's a video we made after we did Z's hair one day:


Comments

  1. Great Work Abigail! You've really improved over the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe how long this post was. You know so many styles, each more complex and beautiful than the last! And Aziza--what a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks, one of our models said Z should be a model! I get my ideas from neighbor girls or actual african hairstyles! It's my way of doing art and it's really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Nature is God's Canvas