Queen of Ethiopia Braids


I had a lot of fun doing this hairstyle on Aziza. She remained me of an african queen (yea, in American clothes...ha ha). It was pretty easy because you are braiding in the flow of hair, which is down. It didn't loosen up or frizz nearly as bad either. The one disadvantage was that all the braids were pulling on one area on her head so scabbed up a bit there. I've seen this exact hairstyle, but they solve that problem by not starting all the braids in one area. I always thought it was just to elaborate, but now I know it was just practicality.
This style is pretty self-explanatory, but here's how I did it:

  1. Wash, brush, moisturize and prepare the hair for braiding.
  2. Pick your center point and start from there.
  3. Part your sections however big you want and braid out.
  4. Once you have finished, braid the braids into a circle around the head immediately. Feel free to use ribbons and extensions, you can do some cute things with them!







Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this is outstanding! Nice work! Lovely model kiss and hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Z normally does't like being a model, but this time she decided to have a good attitude and the pictures came out really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They surely did. What a style here! It's amazing! xo lovie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has a visually dramatic appeal, so it would be cool to see the "more elaborate style" you spoke of to compare...was yours a simpler version then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I was just saying that when I saw this on other brown girls, the braids didn't all come from one point. That's why I thought it was just to be more elaborate, but it was just practicality so that the skin wouldn't scab in the center.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Loved Posts:

Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake

Nature is God's Canvas

Downtown Chicago Pictures+Touring German Cousin Around...

Pursuits